An object in Motion Stays in Motion

Isaac Newton's first law of motion is roughly stated, "An object in motion stays in motion and an object at rest stays at rest.". I once jokingly said that to one of my kids I train in strength and conditioning, but now I believe it to be true with not only the laws of physics.

Since I was about 14, I have been in love with the process of fitness. Between all the sports I played in high school and college, and even to this day competing in Crossfit and training kids, it has been and always will be part of my life. It is more than just physical health to me. It is the way I decompress from my hectic schedule and any kind of free time I get, I usually put into fitness.

So, for me it has been helping me be sane, healthy, and happy. I now also try to give that love of fitness to others that are looking for that type of direction. Daily fitness doesn't have to be hours in the gym or with a personal trainer. Fitness is anything active that can clear the mind, such as yoga, a run or walk around the block, walking your dog, riding a bike, or even just taking the stairs over the elevator. Fitness is all around us in the decisions we make every single day.

So back to Newtons first law of motion, "an object in motion stays in motion..., an object at rest remains at rest.". The more we move and the more we adopt a healthier active lifestyle, the easier it becomes to formulate as a habit. You won't have to think about it after a few weeks, it will become routine and create a positive impact on anyones life. I also believe "moving" keeps our minds loose and moving freely. It relieves stress and allows people to think more clearly throughout the day. Plus, it just makes you feel better. Physically it makes you feel better and especially your self esteem will increase exponentially. So, what I always tell my children I train, "GET MOVIN'!!!!".

Important Vocabulary:

Isaac Newton- Besides his work on universal gravitation (gravity), Newton developed the three laws of motion which form the basic principles of modern physics

Motion- the action or process of moving

Jokingly- Saying something as a joke or with humor

Decompress- Way to relieve stress or relax

Sane- Happy or emotional stable

Formulate- To create or make

Exponentially- A fast or rapid increase


Grammar Point: Asking Questions!

Using the Vocabulary above, write three questions!

1._________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2._________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3._________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

  1. I like your entry on fitness. I should be more active, and have vowed to be, especially since I was told that I have rheumatoid arthritis. I like biking and walking, but now my back hurts when I walk. So exercise has become a bit of a conundrum for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror Talk

"You were born to be a great writer!"

If you win the morning, you win the day