If you win the morning, you win the day

When do you wake up in the morning? I watched a video about one of the worlds most famous crossfit coaches the other day, Ben Bergeron. One thing he consistently stressed was the importance of "Winning The Morning". I was intrigued by this idea and decided Id adopt it. Since waking up earlier, I find myself much more productive without any increase in any extra effort.

I wake up in the morning at 530am every single week day and 6 am on the weekends. During the week, 530 isn't much earlier than I was already waking up. Waking up at this time allows me to get breakfast in and get to work 55 minutes early every day. This 55 minutes allows me to prep for my day of teaching and set up some things I might need for my evening classes at Molloy.

The real difference I feel now is on the weekends. I use to wake up around 9 in the morning and go to the gym at 10am. I am now at the gym working out by 630am on the weekends. At around 10am, I am home with my fitness done for the day, showered, and breakfast complete. I am ready to tackle the rest of the day. Practicing Ben's "Winning the morning" mindset has allows me to get much more work done earlier in the day. I rarely miss deadlines and experience much less anxiety.

If something as simple as waking up an hour or two earlier everyday can change your life, imagine what other changes you can achieve?



Important Vocabulary:


Crossfit- A fitness program and sport based on functional movements

Intrigued- Interested

Productive- Doing things to aid in success

Anxiety- Feelings of uneasiness or stress

Achieve- To receive or get something you want

Deadline- When something is due or needs to be done


Grammar Point: Past, Present, Future Tenses

Write the Past, Present, and Future Tense for three of the words!

1. 

Past- 

Present-

Future- 

2. 

Past- 

Present-

Future- 

3.

Past- 

Present-

Future- 







Comments

  1. What a great inspirational post. I find when I wake up earlier, weirdly enough, I have more energy during the day. I set an alarm even when I have nothing to wake up early for just because it will make my entire day earlier. Waking up earlier gives me more time and energy to do everything I need to accomplish for the day. The extra 55 minutes you get to prep for your day could be the difference between having a great day or a really stressful day. This post is truly inspiring and I might look into waking up even earlier than I do so I could "win the morning" as well. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror Talk

"You were born to be a great writer!"